We’ve all heard the phrase ‘The car in front is always a Toyota’, well that fact gets even better.
Yesterday, Kenya’s leading automobile car retailer Toyota Kenya, launched the fourth Toyota RAV 4 into the Kenyan market and I must say the new RAV 4 2016 is nothing short of glorious.
The RAV 4 is the first vehicle to be sold in Kenya under the cross-over SUV category and has been in the market for over 20 years and the launch of Toyota RAV 4 4th generation shows Toyota’s continued efforts towards changing the SUV landscape in Kenya.
The launch of the fourth generation RAV4 comes at a time when the Kenyan market is inclining towards the purchase of new cars as compared to what has previously been the trend with imported pre-used cars. This is following the excise Duty ACT, 2015, presented by Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich that saw the introduction of levies of as high as Sh200 000 on some classes of imported second-hand vehicles.
“The all-new 2016 RAV4 as you have will all see here today captures the spirit of freedom that began with the original RAV4, yet breaks new ground in refinement, practicality and technology. It is bold, stylish and has a uniquely commanding presence distinguishing Rav4 from any SUV the world has seen.” said Toyota Kenya Managing Director Mr. Sachio Yotsukura during the launch of the RAV 4.
Here are some of its features:
The new RAV 4 is a one of a kind in breaking barriers in its new features. It has set new benchmarks in exterior and interior styling and features which include;
- A whole range of colors to choose from according to your own style and preference. The 2016 RAV 4 is available in nine colors: Super White, White Pearl, Silver Metallic, Gray Metallic, Black Mica, Red Mica Metallic, Bronze mica Metallic, Dark Brown Metallic, and Orange Metallic.
- Safety features that include a Pre-Collision system with Pedestrian Detection, Auto High Beams, 8 airbags and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control that help the driver cruise smoothly on the road.
- A comfortable interior that includes elegant interior-heated seats and dual zone automatic zone climate control & an all-weather capability.
- An All-wheel Drive System (AWD) with Dynamic Torque Control. It continually monitors and distributes engine power between the front and rear wheels to deliver optimum traction.
- The Blind Spot Monitor and Rear-Cross Traffic Alert that helps identify vehicles that you may not see when changing lanes or backing out of a parking space by illuminating a warning signal on the correct outside mirror.
- Power driver’s seat with memory function.
- A whooping 194 net horsepower and an availability of 4 variants to cater for various customer needs in the Kenyan market. The variants are 0L 4×2 CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) High and Standard Grades, 2.0L 4×4 and 2.5L 4×4 CVT High Grade.
- A number of useful gadgets including Bluetooth connectivity, audio controls on the steering wheel, an audio system with 6 speakers, electric windows, a rear view camera, Smart Key System among other things.
With a combination of power, driver comfort, world-class performance, fuel efficiency, superior technology, the new RAV 4 is an innovative model generation rewriting the rules of style.
It is not only an embodiment of sophistication and strength – a dynamism that adapts to the changing pace of life – but it also has a redefined and rebuilt concept as “Strong Athlete” powerful, energetic, and reliable vehicle. It captures the spirit of freedom that began with the original RAV4, yet breaks new ground in refinement, practicality and technology.
Also, in addition to the 13 Toyota Kenya Authorized Service Centers, which are the best service & parts workshops in town nationwide across 13 counties, the Toyota Tshusho Corporation want to expand this network to all over the country. They plan on opening a new Toyota Ngong Road branch next month, adding to the list of 6 branches and 6 dealers to cope with increased customer demand.
Since its inception, Toyota has prioritized its work in manufacturing vehicles have been all about delivering customer comfort, based on increasing customer demand for new SUV’s, boasting better technology and increased driver comfort.
The retail selling price starting from USD 38,302 which is around Kshs 4 million – exclusive of VAT.
Toyota Kenya never fails to deliver on their promise to all their valued customers – which is ‘You will love the Toyota Experience’ – and with the new RAV 4; an upgrade of the previous model that defines the SUV legend, you are definitely assured of falling in love with the Toyota experience.