Tune Hotels Nairobi Westlands To Open Soon – Take Advantage Of The Special Opening Offer Of Ksh. 995
Westlands is about to get more interesting as a new hotel is about to open its doors in a couple of days. Tune Hotels – Nairobi, Westlands which is a 3 star ‘no frills hotel’ will offer 5 star facilities at a budget price. Customers will only pay for the amenities that they use. The hotel which is located on Rhapta Road is almost complete and it will be having a surprising low opening offer of Ksh. 995 for 5 rooms every day from 18th July to 31st August. The rooms can be booked using the special promotion code PROMO995 at the hotel’s website at www.tunehotels.com/nairobi. Tune Hotel Nairobi will be the first Tune Hotel in Africa and there are plans to build more.
Tune Hotels – Nairobi, Westlands is 11 storeys high, and has 280 rooms. The hotel is part of an international hotel chain. it cost an estimated 2.9 billion to build. The cost of the rooms will average between Ksh. 5000 – Ksh. 12,000 per night depending on how early the guests book. The earlier they book the cheaper the cost.
I went on a tour of the hotel and it has some great features.
- A key feature is the Hypnos beds which are guaranteed to give you a good night’s sleep. The mattress is the type used by the Queen of England.
- The rooms have ensuite thermostatic power shows and an in room thermostatically controlled comfort cooling.
- I also loved the painting on the walls. Every room as a painting and they are the work of a Kenyan painter.
- The rooms come with a flat screen tv. If one wants to iron, there is a room where one can do so or have it done for you at a fee.
- The hotel also has free Wi-Fi throughout the property and private parking.
- The rooms are compact with chairs that are mounted on the walls and can be removed if you want to sit.
- There is also a table that is mounted on the wall and can be unfolded if you want to work.
- The hotel has a 24-hour front desk at the property and where you can also hire a car to take you around the city.
- Each room comes complete with a safe and a blow drier.
- There are no facilities to make tea/coffee but you can get all that at the grab and go shop downstairs.
- Breakfast is a basic nutritious breakfast (there are no sausages etc. unless you order it especially.
- On the ground floor will be the eating area. There is a Grab and Go Coffee Shop where customers can buy salads, sandwiches and drinks to either drink there or take away.
- There is also a restaurant named Utamu Casual Dining Restaurant, which will offer a wide selection of continental cuisine.
- There are 2 rooftop Bars, the Kilele Rooftop Lounge and The Sky Bar, where both guests and the general public can look out and see the city.
- One of the interesting things about the hotel is that they are pushing the conservation theme. So on the carpet there are Elephant footprints and in each of the rooms there is an image of an Elephant, a hut and a woman carrying a pot.
The hotel is in the last stage of completion and will be opening on the 18th. There are different types of rooms for every type of traveller. There are double, twin, triple and family groups so you can travel in comfort if you are a family, a couple or a group. They also have a room for somebody who is disabled with a system in which the person can call for help just in case there is an issue.
There is a special offer for people who would like to try out the hotel. An offer of Ksh. 995 for a night’s stay at the hotel. This is for one person. If it is for two people or more the others will add another 1,000 per person. This offer is just for the bed and doesn’t include breakfast.
Terms and Conditions apply for the special offer as follows:
- This offer is valid between 18/7/2016 – 31/8/2016. To ensure you get a room at the above mentioned rate, you need to make your booking by 31/7/2016. The Ksh. 995 offer is applicable to single occupancy of a double/twin room inclusive of breakfast, taxes and service.
- The check in time is 12 noon and checkout is 10 am (after which late charges apply)
- The rates apply only to online bookings or bookings done by telephone. The PROMO CODE is PROMO 995. You can apply for the Promo on the Tune Hotels website. The 5 rooms available per night are on a first come, first serve basis.
Grab & Go – Take Away
Grab and Go offers authentic gourmet coffee. They also offer delivery services within Westlands for business meetings, lunchtime snacks at the office or at home. You can have a sandwich and your choice of hot or cold drinks from Ksh. 700. Cakes, pastries or muffins and your choice of a hot beverage is an average of Ksh. 350. Grab and Go is open between 07:00 – 23:00 hrs. There is also a choice of freshly squeezed juices, milkshakes and alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages with a choice of wines, beers and spirits start from Ksh. 350.
Utamu Casual Dining Restaurant is open daily from 6 am to 22.30 pm.
Breakfast: 06:00 to 10:30hrs
Lunch: Available for private parties of 15 or more – pre-booked in advance only
Dinner: 17:30 last orders 22:30hrs
It will serve a Continental Buffet Breakfast which includes eggs, sliced arrow root, sweet potatoes, green vegetable salads, creamed spinach, cereals, fruits, yogurts, breads & pastries and cold and hot beverages.
There is a rotating “Early Bird Menu” available daily from: 17:30 – 19:30 hrs: Two courses at Ksh. 1200, three courses Ksh.1400 per person
Specialty wines from around the world including South Africa, Chilean, Italian, French, and Australia with prices from Ksh. 480 by the glass or from KSh. 2,400 by the bottle.
Special ‘guest’ wines available monthly from many locations such as Israel, New Zealand and Germany to name a few!
Wide range of Spirits, Beers, and Liqueurs with prices ranging from Ksh. 350 for local beers and from Ksh. 450 for international brands.
The hotel also has a children’s menu. There is an activity menu featuring kid’s favorite meals with puzzles and quizzes to keep them entertained. The menu includes Fish Fingers, Mini Chicken Burgers, Beef Burgers, Sausages and Mash and something sweet to the children.
The hotel is not far from The Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), which is 16 km from the hotel.
Tune Hotels – Nairobi, Westlands is close to the CBD and not far from the Nairobi National Museum. There are clubs in Westlands where one can sample the night life if one does not want to drink at the hotel bar.