This year’s edition of the famous Nairobi restaurant week started on the 28th of January and will end on the 7th February 2016. The event is a celebration of the different cultures and culinary tastes in Nairobi. It brings together over 50 sit-down restaurants across the town offering scrumptious dishes, impeccable service and an amazing chance for a good time with family and friends for a one week period. Find the participating restaurants here.
This year’s edition is sponsored by the Wrigley Company – the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of gum through its east African subsidiary. Wrigley’s has partnered with the organizers to enlighten participants about oral care practices on the go.
During the launch, Wrigley East Africa Corporate Affairs Head Wanja Mwangi said, “Our oral care falls right at the heart of the Nairobi Restaurant Week. We are glad to be part of it and hope that our partnership with EatOut will go a long way in enlightening participants about oral practices about oral care practices on the go.”
Why participate in the Nairobi restaurant week?
1. Try something new: With over 50 participating restaurants, one can be sure to be spoilt for choice in terms of delicacies. Be sure to indulge your taste buds with the menus that will only leave you begging for more.
2. It goes easy on your pockets: It’s still January and with this month having almost 67 days and everyone complaining how they’re low on cash, Nairobi Restaurant week gives you a three-course culinary experience that leaves you licking your fingers and still smiling even as you check your ATM balance. With special menus with fixed prices ranging from Kshs. 1,500 for lunch to a maximum price of Kshs. 2,500 for a three course dinner, one can never go wrong with the Nairobi Restaurant experience.
3. It gives people a chance to re-connect: In this day and age with families texting at the dinner table and families not opting to meet up for gatherings over the holidays simply because of the existence of WhatsApp groups, this one-week experience gives you the chance to re-connect with friends and family over a wide choice of meals to choose from and a calming ambiance as well.
4. Network: The Nairobi Restaurant Week gives one a once in a lifetime opportunity to wine and dine with people from various cultures and walks of life.
5. Win getaways!Aside the mouth watering delicacies lined up, you stand a chance to win a trip to Cape Town once you’re spotted with a bottle of Nederburg wine at participating restaurants by the mystery diners.
Tourism cabinet secretary Najib Balala who has been on a mission to change the face of tourism in Kenya also expressed his support for the Nairobi Restaurant Week. He said, “Nairobi restaurant week 2016 offers the ultimate culinary experience by bringing to light Kenya’s vibrant dining scene in a diverse showcase of Nairobi’s best restaurants.”
Participants also have a chance to win a fully paid trip to Dubai which includes three nights’ accommodation, return flights and an exclusive dinner at Celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street kitchen at the Atlantis hotel on Dubai’s awe-inspiring island, The Palm.
Indulge in the experience that is the Nairobi Restaurant Week and be a part of testament to the growing dining culture in Nairobi. Check out the participating restaurants for the Nairobi Restaurant Week here.