It is the month of red roses and blue violets. The month where we love all things love. Yes it may be a bit cliché, but honestly who cares? Take this time to specially enjoy the company of your loved one. Treat them especially special and shower them with acts of love. Life is too short for you not enjoy the month of love by spoiling and being spoiled.
So what is a perfect way to do this? Schedule in a little alone time and go out together. If you don’t know where or when or what, well that is what this article is meant to provide so you are welcome. Here are a few places that you may enjoy with the love of your life this special season. You’d be surprised; you don’t have to go so far to rekindle the romance and passion.
1. Leopard Beach Resort. This is one of Kenya’s best luxury beach resorts on Diani Beach, Kenya’s South Coast. It is an ideal destination to celebrate Valentine’s Day. The resort is peaceful and pleasant with all-inclusive facilities including Wi Fi. For a special getaway vacation package head to Leopard Beach Resort & Spa to discover a place that is naturally fascinating. The beach resort offers a variety of food and drinks, a pool bistro, bars, spa and fitness facilities, outdoor Jacuzzi and other variety of resort activities.
2. The Sanctuary at Ol Lentil Lodge. Located in Northern Laikipia, 1.5km from Nyanyuki, this lodge is a perfect getaway for you and your loved one anytime of the year. Set in the private and remote area, it gives you the ample space and room to rekindle your love and enjoy the special moments together. This lodge boasts of uniquely luxurious decor and furniture set to ensure you are fully relaxed as you enjoy your vacation. The resort is known for its privacy and remoteness which is great for lovebirds. Ol Lentille Lodge’s glamorous beauty captures the lush appeal of Kenya. You can enjoy the amazing views of Mount Kenya, wine and dine at your own convenience. You can dazzle your body with Ol Lentille Spa treatments. Pamper your loved one at Ol Lentille Lodge on Valentine’s Day and enjoy exclusive romance that you will never forget. Visit: The Sanctuary at Ol Lentille.
3. Rusinga Island Lodge. Luxury. Rejuvenation. Rusinga. A private retreat in one of Africa’s most remote and historical corners, Rusinga Island, in the legendary Lake Victoria – the world’s second largest freshwater lake and destination of many intrepid 19th century explorers. A place of infinite beauty to calm the mind and rejuvenate the body, Rusinga provides a welcome romantic break. Exuding an atmosphere of serene tranquillity, Rusinga’s manicured lawns stretch to Lake Victoria’s edge.
4. Saruni Samburu. For lovers of all things wild and exotic this is the perfect destination. Saruni Samburu is a ‘design’ lodge located 7km north of Samburu National Reserve, in Kenya’s wild north. Surrounded by 240,000 acres of private wildlife conservancy, and perched on a spectacular viewpoint, its six villas, lounge, dining room and large swimming pool overlook several waterholes where the famous Samburu elephant, leopard, reticulated giraffe, Oryx and Grevy’s zebra gather to drink.
5. Olarro Mara. Voted one of the “World’s Most Romantic Hotels” and “Top 50 New Hotels” by Travel and Leisure Magazine, enjoy a Very Special Romantic Getaway at Olarro. Olarro is a delightful jewel in the crown of the Loita Hills in Greater Maasai Mara. Just a 3 hour drive from Nairobi, this little castle offers and experience that is private, luxurious and entirely unique. Visit: Olarro Kenya.com
6. Olerai House and Sanctuary. Located in the secluded wildlife sanctuary located 2 ours from Nairobi, Olerai House sits on a 3-acre Eden on the Northern shores of Lake Naivasha. The sanctuary is a private Garden of Eden where you and your loved one can enjoy bird watching, swimming, guided walks and hill-hikes and even a hot lake plunge at the Olkaria Spa. If you are up for adventure, you can also walk in the Eburru forest and come back to the sanctuary for a warm special night as you relax amidst the calming sounds of the night.
7. Chui Lodge. For a simplistic experience try out the Chui Lodge. This secluded haven above the shores of Lake Naivasha is perfect for that unique and unforgettable experience. It is built from simple bush stone, local Acacia, Olive and Leleshwa woods with a twisted marula roof. A visit here gives you the freedom to explore the entire 18 000 acre sanctuary with high chances of seeing wild animals such as the Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Eland, Giraffe, Grevy Zebra, Beisa Oryx, Greater Kudu among others.
8. Dodos Tower at Hippo Point. This romantic destination for couples is located between Lake Naivasha and Lake Oloidien and boasts of an average of 1,200 animals roaming the ground. Dodo’s Tower at Hippo Point is located near Lake Naivasha and it is a romantic getaway for couples. Inside the tower, there are five elegant bedrooms which offer amazing views of the surroundings. From the tower, immerse yourself in the jaw dropping views as the sun sets making the mountains spray a flush of red across the horizon. This is a place to enjoy romantic sun rises and sunsets encompassed with crystal vases full of roses in every room. The bedrooms are furnished luxuriously. The tower itself is beautifully decorated with breath-taking Maasai crafts and antiques. You can enjoy a healthy romantic breakfast outside, under the towering yellow fever acacias and an intimate candlelit dinner with your loved one. Visit: Dodo’s
9. Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge. Overlooking the flamingo pink rimmed Lake Nakuru; this destination overlooks the panoramic views of the lake and the Lake Nakuru National Park. At Sarova, no matter what room or sitting area you are at, you get to enjoy an astonishing view of the vast Savannah incorporated by tall acacia trees and winding, mystical, almost magical walkways.
10. Tamarind Dhow. Finally if you can afford the time off ad you happen to be in Coast, Tamarind Dhow is one perfect spot where nothing can go wrong on Valentine’s Day. The dining venue is a floating restaurant and it is considered a stealthy haven for romantic couples to celebrate Valentine’s Day. For a memorable Valentine’s Day, you can request a romantic private dinner with your heartthrob at Tamarind Dhow and enjoy the stunning views of the coast and a sleek atmosphere that takes over at night. Order a bottle of wine for an amazing experience. Visit: Tamarind Dhow