The first thing that hits you when you see it is how long it is. The Big Bolero pickup isn’t called big for no reason. It doesn’t disappoint in size, packing a 9ft long cargo box which is an equivalent of 2.73 meters. No other pickup in the Kenyan market gives you that kind of length with a 1.5-tonne payload.
The Big Bolero pickup, manufactured by Mahindra & Mahindra was launched yesterday at their showroom on Mombasa Road. Mahindra & Mahindra is India’s leading SUV manufacturer. The premise of the vehicle is to allow you to transport more cargo per trip, therefore, reducing your transportation costs and increasing your profits.
The Big Bolero is a simple, fuel efficient and low operational cost vehicle. The Big Bolero is different from its competitors, who have focused on adding more features to their pickups, making them more complicated and expensive but not providing much value for money.
The vehicle will compliment the already existing Bolero range of pickups which are just as efficient. So far, 500 units have already been sold and during the launch, Dinesh Kotecha, Executive Director of Simba Corp hopes that more will be sold in the future as the demand for small commercial vehicles increases with the growth of SMEs in the manufacturing sector.
The cabin is big, spacious and comfortable to allow for a fatigue-free drive. The manufacturers also had your safety in mind and it’s safety features include; ELR seat belts, head restraints, and Load Sensing Proportioning Valve.
The Big Bolero comes with a two-year warranty and 50,000KM on engine and driveline.
The features of the vehicle are:
- Long cargo body of 9ft
- Higher payload of 1.5Tonnes
- Bigger and stronger tyres (15” rim and 7 R 15 12 PR tyres)
- Stronger and stiffer leaf spring suspension in front and rear
- Fuel consumption of 13KM per litre
- Bigger cabin which is 100mm more width than the existing Bolero pickup
- Bucket seats with head rest, sliding and reclining seats.
- Power steering
- Stylish front grill and headlamps
- The engine is powered by MDI Turbo charged engine that delivers 63 Horse Power or 46.3 KW of power and 195NM of torque.
- New exteriors, premium interiors and a new instrument panel and colour theme
- 2 years / 50000 kilometers warranty on engine and driveline
The Big Bolero will sell for 1.95M inclusive of VAT. A flexible paying option is available, where you lease the vehicle as you use it until you finish the payment.
The main target market is SMEs who, in these tough economic times are looking to save every penny in terms of transportation costs and vehicle maintenance.
The Big Bolero is definitely for you if you’re looking for a vehicle that is a tough and rugged power horse and can handle any terrain, but at the same time one that is comfortable, has premium interiors, is affordable and can carry a higher load.
The Big Bolero is available at all Mahindra & Mahindra showrooms countrywide. You can also get it at an authorized Mahindra & Mahindra motor dealer.