Tecno has today launched the Camon X and the Camon X Pro, as well as a range of smartphones on the Android™ Oreo™ System. The Tecno Camon X Pro is their first 24MP clear selfie camera smartphone. Tecno has also teamed up with Google to launch a range of smartphones on Android™ Oreo™ System (Go edition) at its 2018 Global Spring launch which took place at the prestigious Eko Hotel and suite, Victoria Island
Andy YAN, Vice President of TRANSSION HOLDINGS said that the brand has kept up its innovative culture from its formative years to date. He said that Tecno is committed to continued rollout of innovative products that are competitive and accessible. “At TECNO, we do not adopt a one-size-fits-all approach in developing our products. We take insights from our consumers’ habits, preferences and needs to develop the next groundbreaking product that fits perfectly into their lifestyle and consequently displaces the competition”.
TECNO CAMON X Pro: 24MP Clearer Selfie with Live FACE ID
Key features of the Camon X Pro
- The CAMON X Pro has 24MP + 16MP front and rear cameras with an increased image definition of 30% over
that of the CAMON CX to ensure that images are clear and sharp.
- 6-inch FHD screen with industry leading 18:9 full view screen,
- 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM and super fast face recognition technology (featured by FACE ID access).
- With a dual ISP image processor, the device can process actions a lot faster as both processors work synchronously
- Dark state and noise reduction on the CAMON X has been upgraded by 20% with memory colour function for better natural colour reduction to create stunning pictures
- Portrait background to produce strikingly beautiful selfies.
- The CAMON X and CAMON X Pro debuts a new Face ID technology that can be used to unlock the phone when lighting up the screen.
By grasping the face information, the Face ID has 50ms recognition rate and is more functional that the fingerprint
- HiOS UI identifies components causing heating in the background and quickly cools off the phone through a series of methods such as background cleaning.
TECNO F Series: Built For Speed by Google Android™ Oreo™ System
A new smartphone series called the F series was also unveiled.
This TECNO’s mid-range smartphones comes with impressive processing memory and commendable cameras.
- Full display IPS Touchscreen,
- 2MP front cameras for F1 and F2,
- 5MP front cameras for POP1 (F3)
- Wide degree Selfie Panorama which will enable users rotate the device from side-to-side in order to take stunning wide-angle selfies.
Powered by Android™ Oreo™ (Go Edition) is optimized to offer consumers a number of benefits including a smooth and fast experience tailored to devices with 1GB of RAM or less, new and re imagined Google apps for entry-level smartphones including GoogleTM Go, YouTube Go, and the Google Assistant for Android (Go edition) and an enhanced data efficiency.
“We are also delighted to announce our partnership with Google. As the mobile industry continue to evolve and consumers continue to ask for more, we are certain with our expertise and resourceful partnerships with the likes of Google, we will be able to effectively cater for the needs of mobile phone consumers in emerging markets” Arif Chowdhury, Group Vice President TRANSSION concluded.
The F Series will ship in early-April to Nigeria and The CAMON X series will ship in mid-April to mobile phone markets across the world and the prices will be based on the local market rates.