Adulting is hard. For most adults, the ultimate gift you can give them is a day of rest but for most of us, a day free from working is really not free now is it? We get caught up in chores so that our day ends too fast. So apart from getting a whole day without having to wear a bra, what other small things can we do to pamper ourselves? Some of the things we view as small are actually rewards, so how can we make them more rewarding.
1.Binge-watch your favourite show – with the hustles of life you might forget to watch your favourite shows. Select a show that makes you feel some type of way, catch up with your favourite show, comedies, action, whatever tickles your fancy. Here are 14 Shows That Are Perfect For Binge Watching On Showmax
2. Succumb to that craving – Watching your weight might be extremely important to you but while we live, let’s live. Ignoring a craving does not get rid of it. You only temporarily silence it. So, if you have been craving sweet or spicy, meat or sweet, indulge once in a while.
3. Go to the salon or spa – get your hair done, get a manicure or a pedicure or both, and have your eyebrows done, whatever can fit into your budget. When you look good, you feel good. Taking care of your physical appearance is an important form of pampering yourself. You can also take yourself to the spa for a steam and massage session, let your tensions melt away as you get that massage. You can also create a home spa night – Lifestyle: 6 Tips On How To Create A Home Spa Night
4. Take yourself out on a date – while you are working, you never really get to explore hotels, or clubs or whatever your interests are. Dress up and go watch a movie, remember you are the one working for your money you might as well spend it or go out dancing, dance until the sun comes up. Or go out for karaoke and sing off-key. Take yourself out for a meal. Go out dancing. Small things like things bring life to our souls. Better yet take your girls with and have a good time. Self Care: 6 Solo Date Ideas To Try Out
5. Invest in your hobbies – we are all inclined towards different activities, for those who enjoy reading you could buy yourself a book and read it. You could go swimming or whatever else you enjoy. Our hobbies tend to act as a compass or grounding of who we really are when you are lost in the flow of the wind, our hobbies remind us of what really makes us happy.
6. Wear your ‘Freakum dress’– every woman has one, it doesn’t have to be short or long or tight or loose, all it has to do is make you feel like you are a queen. There’s that one dress that brings out the best of who you are in the most perfect way, the one that gives you the confidence you never knew you had or the confidence you have forgotten you had. Dressing up on a normal day when there is no occasion is a form of self-appreciation. 4 Reasons Why You Should Dress Up To Stay At Home
7. Take a weekend off and go off for a getaway to recharge and meditate. Sometimes the best way to relax is to remove ourselves from stressful surroundings and go away for a few days to try new things. Every year don’t forget to calendar in a few days of holiday to get away from it all. You can even invite your girls to go with you to make it an even better date. Health And Fitness: 7 Positive Effects Of Meditation
Speaking of mental relaxation, here are 5 Simple Tips For Managing Stress.
Featured image from RegalRealness.com.