The Renault Kwid was introduced into the Kenyan market two years ago. Its design was meant to symbolize dynamic performance, robust strength and a taste for adventure. It was meant to offer a high driving position and greater visibility, making it ideal for zipping around in urban traffic or roaring down the open highway.
According to Jonathan Dos Santos, Renault Brand Manager, The Renault KWID Climber was developed keeping in mind specific customer needs and caters to diverse audiences, becoming the perfect offering for young achievers who are moving up places steadfastly.
Last month, an upgraded version of the Renault Kwid was introduced into the market. This upgraded version of the Kwid reflects the company’s intent to keep pace with global innovations and at the same time make products to suit the local needs. It is also an expression of their expectation to give the model a better edge to compete with cars in its category. The new upgraded version comes at a time when Simba Corp with its Renault partners is strategically considering local assembly for some of the Renault Models.
The entry of the Renault KWID Climber into the market is set to establish Renault’s position for offering new cars, with the great features at affordable prices. The car will go for less than 1.5 Million inclusive of V.A.T. Below are some of the upgrades specs.
Features of the new car model
- 68 horsepower
- A 1000cc engine. The engine has a warranty of 3 years or 100,000 km
- An estimated 24 kilometres to the litre fuel
Exterior Cosmetic upgrades
- The bumper overrides have gone through several upgrades.
- Front and rear terrain protectors with orange accents.
- Two-tone arching roof bars.
- Muscular style wheels.
- A solid side profile with door protection cladding.
- Two-tone orange ORVMs painted in glossy orange.
- The electric blue body colour is a new offering.
- New orange energy upholstery with “Climber” Insignia.
- Vibrant orange accents on the AC vents and on the centre fascia.
- A two-tone orange gear knob and decorative orange door trim accents on the front and rear doors.
Looking to buy a new car? Here are tips for buying a new car!