As we get older we start noticing that our skin is not as supple as it used to be and moisturizers that we used when we were younger don’t work as well as they used to. This year I have been on a mission to look for that younger, glowing skin that I used to have. I have started investing more in stuff I never thought I would use all the time like sunscreen and moisturizing butters. And facials because to very honest I am still a baby at using the 10 Step Korean Skincare Routine For Great Skin. I have generally always had problem free skin (apart from allergy-related skincare problems) so I never really had to worry about my face until I reached my 30s and I started getting adult acne. Very depressing.
About 2 months ago I was gifted some Clinique Products by my friend and fellow blogger Lucia Musau. She gave me a tube of Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Water Gel Concentrate and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.
I have been using both products but I have mostly been using the Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Water Gel Concentrate first because they do the same thing.
Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Water Gel Concentrate
The Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Water Gel Concentrate is an antioxidant-infused water-gel that’s ultralight yet delivers a 179% moisture boost for instantly plumper, smoother skin for all skin types. It uses Liquid-Sphere Technology which combines water-binding ingredients with encapsulated antioxidants to help break the cycle of dryness and environmental stress that can lead to premature ageing.
What I love about it
- It instantly quenches dehydrated skin and you can feel your skin getting moisturized.
- It seems to have dealt with my acne problem because I am not getting breakouts.
- The Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Water Gel Concentrate is allergy tested and 100% fragrance-free. It is also non-acnegenic and it is not greasy.
- They say it boosts skin’s moisture reservoir for a full 24 hours. I don’t know about that in the tropicals but I have to say my face feels moisturized all day.
- All you have to do is apply some on clean skin and you are good to go. A little goes a long, long way. It gets absorbed really fast.
- You can still use your other facial products over it. Just wait a few minutes.
- I have actually been getting compliments about how great my skin is looking. So clearly I am not the only one noticing the changes.
What I don’t like – Point to note
- You need to be careful about rubbing it in, don’t rub it in. Dub it on top of your skin. Like all gels, if you rub it in too much it has a tendency to form tiny rolls and this is not good as it doesn’t get absorbed into the skin.
Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
What I like about it
- It feels very light but it works. You only need a little and it goes a long way.
- It is also great under makeup for those who use makeup.
- It doesn’t have a fragrance so its perfect for those who have allergy issues.
- It is oil-free so it’s not greasy at all. I love that.
- They say its paraben free and non-acnegenic.
- I find this one easier to use on problematic spots like elbows that need extra moisturization.
- It is great for firming up the skin on your face and throat.
- I usually use it at night because I find it to be a better product to put when I am going to bed as I don’t need to put anything else over it. I find its better when it’s not competing with the African sun.
- I haven’t had any issues with this product.