YouTube offers a wide array of content in video format. The videos range from educational content to informational content and from entertainment content to review-based content. It is against YouTube’s terms of service to download its videos without the consent of the copyright holder.
YouTube offers its own ways to download its videos through its web service and also through its own applications.
Here are ways to download videos from YouTube.
- In-app download on YouTube Premium
YouTube provides you with the opportunity to download its content with a subscription to YouTube Premium. This feature only allows you to download the video and watch them without an internet connection. In this sense though, you will not be able to comment on the videos or see advertisements.
To download the video for offline watching or use on YouTube, you will need to tap the ‘Download’ button that is usually located below the player. You will then choose the quality of the video you want. The quality options are Low, Standard and High quality. Once downloaded, the video will be available in your account library and can be watched at any time. You also need to be signed in to YouTube to watch the videos.
2. How to download YouTube videos to your Personal Computer
To download videos to your PC, you will need to download and install the 4k Video Downloader. A 4k Downloader is free software that can download a variety of YouTube content in different qualities and formats. Once installed, you will follow these steps to download videos from YouTube.
- Open YouTube and the video you want to download.
- Copy the link to the video.
- Go to the 4K Video Downloader and click the ‘paste button at the top left-hand side.
- The software will retrieve information about the video and prompt you a variety of quality options. The options available will vary depending on the quality of the original video. The 4K quality is only available if the original video is in 4K.
- Choose the quality to download the video. For PC, a higher resolution will enable you to view the video clearly after downloading it. Higher quality videos will take longer to download but it also depends on your internet speed.
The use of smart mode in the 4K Video Downloader will enable you to download videos using the setting that you used last instead of having to repeat the whole process again.
3. How to download videos to your phone using TubeMate
TubeMate is one of the most effective and easy ways to download videos to your phone. The app is not available on the Google Play Store for Android devices. You will, therefore, need to download its APK version from your browser. After downloading it, you will need to allow your phone to Install from ‘Unknown Sources’ by deactivating the security setting. Once the file is downloaded, you will need to agree with the software license and the permissions the app will need, which will include your storage and modification of the network settings.
Tube Mate resembles YouTube with its user interface. Once you have installed it, you will open the app and search or choose the video you want to download. You will then open the video before tapping the red ‘Download’ button that appears below the video. It will download and be saved on your phone storage.