Whether to use a clay mask, mud mask or peel-off mask, it all comes down to what your skin needs and what issues you’re looking to address. My skin is oily to combination so when I went searching for a physical exfoliator, I opted for the Innisfree Super Volcanic Peel Off Mask 2X due to the following benefits.
- It comes in a convenient package.
- It is travel friendly.
- It looks luxurious – because yes, aesthetic matter.
- It is rich in volcanic ash from Jeju island which makes it a great exfoliator
- It boasts the ability to balance oil production, brighten the skin and minimise pores.
Check out the 5 amazing benefits of face masks
The Innisfree Super Volcanic Peel Off Mask 2X is formulated with oil-absorbing Jeju volcanic cluster spheres which help remove dead skin cells and impurities for a refreshed feel of improved skin texture.
I had been using charcoal masks and face scrubs before I started using the Innisfree Super Volcanic Peel Off Mask 2x. Upon my first application, what I noticed is that this peel-off mask doesn’t require much effort. The packaging also is very practical, making it easier for you to use the product without making a mess. Check out a review of the Dexe deep cleansing black mask.
What I liked
After using the Innisfree Super Volcanic Peel Off Mask 2x I noticed that my complexion would become brighter and the rest of my skincare products absorbed way better and faster. The peel-off mask was also very effective in removing the blackheads around my nose and minimising the pores around my cheeks.
The brightening effect it gives is often temporary, but the glow and smoothness that follows is long-lasting. This is because as you peel off the mask, it uproots tiny hairs off your face, creating a brighter and better canvas for the rest of your skincare products. Additionally, aside from deeply cleansing the pores, peeling off the mask leaves your skin feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, looking firmer and with a clear complexion.
Learn the 8 tips for beautiful glowing skin
How to use
- Cleanse your face.
- Pat it dry.
- Dispense an appropriate amount and spread it over your face using your fingertips.
- Spread the peel-off mask evenly avoiding the eyes, eyebrows, hairline and lips.
- Wait for 20-30 minutes for the peel-off mask to dry out.
- Peel off once the skin feels tight and apply a face serum or moisturizer.
- For maximum benefit try using a gentle cleanser/exfoliator like The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Scrub Foam before applying the peel-off mask. Exfoliating is done to allow the nutrients in the mask to penetrate the skin, giving you optimum results.
- Do not apply a very thin layer or a very thick one. The thinner the layer the harder it gets when peeling off, and the thicker the layer the longer it takes to dry. Instead coat your face moderately to ensure that the mask dries out evenly and in a short period of time.
- Once the mask starts drying out do not smile, or move your skin too much. This could facilitate the stretching of the skin, which leads to wrinkles and fine lines. Also, since the mask pulls your skin tighter as it dries, talking or laughing could negate its skin firming and pore minimizing benefits.
- After peeling off the Innisfree Super Volcanic Peel Off Mask 2X, in case you notice remnants around the eyes, eyebrows, or any other part of the skin, instead of using your hands to rub them off, use a soft damp cloth to clean the skin. This method is more effective as it doesn’t exert pressure on the skin. Again, considering your face is even more sensitive due to the physical exfoliation rubbing it is the last thing you want to do at this point.
- After getting the mask off follow up with the rest of your skincare products and don’t forget to apply sunscreen for extra protection. It’s often advised that one should avoid direct sunlight as much as possible, particularly in the moments following any physical or chemical exfoliation.
- Finally, avoid using peel-off masks over short periods of time. Doing so could damage the skin’s outer layer, leading to dryness, sensitivity, and breakouts. The type of your face mask, whether hydrating, anti-ageing or clarifying will determine the frequency of application but once a week is often optimal.
Find out the 5 skincare myths you need to unsubscribe from
Packaging, Scent and texture
The Innisfree super volcanic peel off mask 2x comes in a 100 ml plastic tube with a flip-top seal. Inside is a lightweight grey gel-like solution which spreads evenly over your skin with minimum effort. The scent is subtle and pleasant.
The key ingredients of the Innisfree Super Volcanic Peel Off Mask 2X include;
- Volcanic ash – This is an antioxidant that’s also rich in anti-bacterial properties. Volcanic ash is good for treating irritated and inflamed skin while clearing pores and blemishes.
- Bentonite – This ingredient helps treat acne while minimizing oil production. It also calms and soothes inflamed or irritated skin. Benefits Of Bentonite Clay
Brightening effect: 5 out of 5
Exfoliating effect: 5 out of 5
Skin firming: 5 out 5 (the effect is temporary though)
Mattifying effect: 5 out of 5.
I would definitely recommend this peel-off mask to someone with oily skin. If you have dry skin, you may try other options as this mask could leave your skin feeling overly dehydrated. But in case your skin feels too dry after using the product, try not to use it too often or apply a toner before using the peel-off mask.
Check out these other Innisfree product reviews