OPPO Kenya has launched two new devices in the Reno5 series, the OPPO Reno5 and Reno5 F. The Reno5 which will be available in three colours, Fantasy Silver and Starry Black, will retail at Ksh. 41,999 while the Reno5 F which will be available from March 22, will retail at Ksh. 31, 999.
The Reno5 has features that are industry firsts. There is the AI Mixed Portrait which is the first double exposure video effect for a smartphone. There is also AI Highlight Video, which uses intelligent light detection to combine OPPO’s advanced Ultra Night Video Algorithms and Live HDR Algorithms to significantly enhance video quality in dim and backlit scenes. This means that users can quickly capture, edit, and share quality videos with ease. The Reno5 comes with 50W Flash Charge technology which is the fastest charging time in the market
From February 22, 2021, the phone is available for pre-order exclusively from e-commerce sites Jumia, Kilimall and Masoko. From February 23rd you will be able to reorder the phone from OPPO stories until March 1, 2021. If you preorder using the e-commerce platforms you will receive a pair of free Enco W11 wireless earphones, an OPPO backpack and a bluetooth speaker. If you preorder from the retail stores you will receive a pair of the Enco W11 wireless earphones, an OPPO backpack and a six months screen protection plan.
Here are some of the other features of the Reno5 F
- The Reno5 F features a 48MP main rear camera, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, 2MP macro camera and 2MP mono camera. The front camera is 32MP. The Reno5 also comes with Monochrome Video and AI Colour Portrait features.
- It also comes with a 4310mAh battery and 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0 technology.
- The Reno5 F will be available in three colours – Fluid Black, Fantastic Purple and Crystal Silver.
Features of the Reno5
AI Portrait Expert
The Reno5 has an all-new camera system featuring a 64MP rear quadcam matrix and a 44MP ultra clear front camera. These are further enhanced by the OPPO Full Dimension Fusion (FDF) Portrait Video System, an imaging system designed for superior portrait video effects. The system is composed of two engines, the Quality Enhancement Engine and the Portrait Perception Engine.
The Quality Enhancement Engine helps capture clear video in any conditions, no matter whether in the night or backlit scenes, while in motion or standing still. The
Portrait Perception Engine on the other hand defines fine-grained criteria for portrait effects to help deliver naturally processed human subjects and backgrounds videos. Together, the highly-intuitive system delivers an unmatched experience that not only captures portrait videos in perfect quality but does so in a way that can help users to maintain their unique style.
AI Highlight Video
Portrait video quality is taken to the next level because of the FDF Portrait Video System. AI Highlight Video – a feature that automatically detects the ambient light in a scene and improves the video‘s quality accordingly by applying OPPO’s industry-leading Ultra Night Video Algorithms and Live HDR Algorithms.
Ultra Night Video Algorithms will come into play automatically in dark environments to brighten the scene, while detection of backlit scenes will engage Live HDR Algorithms to reduce overexposed areas. Both functions leave videos with better exposure and brightness, less noise, and clear and natural colours with just one click of the “AI” button while in video mode.
OPPO Image Clear Engine
Worried about taking pictures when you are on the move? OPPO Image Clear Engine will enable uses to take clear pictures of moving subjects and capture unforgettable moments as they occur with this system-level optimization The phone also supports Ultra-clear 108MP Image, which can bring out unprecedented rich details and textures in portrait images and give users plenty of flexibility when it comes to editing.
AI Mixed Portrait
An industry-first – by combining a portrait video onto a background video, AI Mixed Portrait brings the double exposure video effect enabling an all-new artistic effect. The feature comes with two different artistic modes where users can customize how the portrait video blends into the background video, leading to fun and imaginative results. Likewise, the new Dual-view Video provides enables video to be captured from the front and rear cameras simultaneously. This double-perspective recording function effortlessly stitches you and the object you are shooting in the same video frame at once – perfect for vloggers who want to remain in the action at all times.
- AI Color Portrait,
- Monochrome Video
- 960fps Smart Slow-motion
- Night Flare Portrait
- SOLOOP, is now accessible from Reno5’s Camera interface giving you the option to edit high-quality videos at ease with professional-quality video templates and editing tools.
- The Reno5 comes in the “ever-changing colour” of Fantasy Silver and the Starry Black. With the brand-new Diamond Spectrum process, Reno5’s Fantasy Silver creates a whole new visual effect that can bring out thousands of colours. Fantasy Silver is finished with OPPO‘s unique Reno Glow effect, giving it a subtle glittery detail on the back cover, as though millions of diamonds embedded into it, and making it fingerprint-resistant.
- Weighing just 171g and less than 7.8mm thick, the phone leverages advanced COF packaging to further shrink the bottom edge of the display by 28% compared with Reno4 to just 3.98mm, delivering a more immersive edge-to-edge display experience with a 91.7% screen-to-body ratio comparing with 90.7% of Reno4.
- Hidden Fingerprint Unlock is integrated underneath the display to ensure instant unlocking while keeping your data secure.
- the 6.4-inch 90Hz AMOLED screen with a single punch-hole design delivers a more vivid touch, which, combined with a crisp FHD+ (2400×1080) resolution and silky smooth 90Hz refresh rate, make for a life-like entertainment experience.
- The Reno5 comes with Netflix HD and Amazon Prime Video HD Certification, allowing you to stream content in even greater detail.
- The low-blue light screen, fully tested, verified and certified by the world-renowned SGS, is designed to protect users’ vision under prolonged usage.
- 50W Flash Charge. With 66.6% higher peak power than the previous generation, ultra-fast 50W Flash Charging can charge Reno5 from 0% to up to 80% within 31 minutes and charge the device up to 100% in just 48 minutes. A large 4310mAh battery allows for all-day use, even for the most demanding users.
- Reno5 has 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage as default configurations. Together with the 8nm process Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G mobile platform, the phone delivers a speedy performance with balanced power consumption.
- Powered by the AI-enhanced Sensing Algorithm, the single 44MP front-facing camera on Reno5 supports futuristic touch-free interactions.
- Smart Message Privacy automatically detects if someone else is looking at your phone and hides notifications.
- Smart AirControl enables you to answer or mute a call, and to scroll within apps by using hand gestures.
- Smart Always-on Display prevents the Reno5 screen from dimming or shutting down while you are using the phone.
- Reno5 comes installed with OPPO’s ColorOS 11.1
- Supporting all-around customization, Reno5 users can design their own Always-on Display, and dark-mode.
- Other innovative features such as Flexdrop and Three-finger Translate with Google Lens significantly increase productivity.
- Gaming Shortcut Mode, Gamer Mode, Bullet Screen Messages, and Adjustable Gaming Touch create an environment for you to be totally immersed in entertainment.
Here is a review of the OPPO Reno4 Review: A Great Phone To Buy